The legalized marijuana industry in the United States is booming. In 2015, legal sales reached $5.7 billion, up from $4.6 billion in 2014. And demand is expected to continue through 2016 as the industry is projected to grow to $7.1 billion.
All this growth means that jobs are in high demand, and the best place to find jobs in the legal U.S. marijuana industry is at 420careers.com, the marijuana industry’s leading job listing site. The website just released a list of the 8 most popular marijuana industry jobs in the U.S., and a list of the 5 most popular auxiliary marijuana industry jobs in the U.S.
“Many employers in the legalized marijuana industry don’t require previous work experience at a marijuana company, so almost anyone 18 or older with a high school degree can obtain a job in the industry,” a spokesperson for 420careers.com stated.
The 8 most popular marijuana jobs in the U.S.:
- Budtenders – assist customers with purchasing marijuana
- Sales Reps – sell products (vapes, technology, edibles, etc.) to
- Extraction Technicians – make marijuana concentrates
- Edibles Makers – make marijuana-infused foods and drinks
- Dispensary Security – patrol dispensaries for illegal activity
- Marijuana Growers – cultivate marijuana for dispensaries
- Trimmers – trim and package marijuana flowers for dispensaries
- Dispensary Managers – manage all or various aspects of dispensaries
The 5 most popular auxiliary jobs in the U.S. marijuana industry:
- Consultants (cultivation, business management, etc.)
- Web Developers/Designers